Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[java-nlp-user] java-nlp-user Digest, Vol 36, Issue 14

Elo hansen elohansenp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:44:46 PDT 2011


Subscribe me plz. Ikve try, but fail

On 4/9/11, java-nlp-user-request at lists.stanford.edu
<java-nlp-user-request at lists.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Send java-nlp-user mailing list submissions to
> 	java-nlp-user at lists.stanford.edu
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/java-nlp-user
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	java-nlp-user-request at lists.stanford.edu
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	java-nlp-user-owner at lists.stanford.edu
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of java-nlp-user digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Reg : Dependency graph (GerardPer at aol.com)
>    2. Re: Reg : Dependency graph (John Bauer)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:38:58 EDT
> From: GerardPer at aol.com
> To: java-nlp-user at lists.stanford.edu
> Subject: Re: [java-nlp-user] Reg : Dependency graph
> Message-ID: <70af4.5b9b15da.3ad07802 at aol.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
>
> Can anyone indicate whether or not the CoreNLP Tools have the capability to
>  determine the sentence boundaries of nested sentences, particularly when
> they  may occur after a colon or a semicolon?
>
>
>
>
>
>
> In a message dated 4/8/2011 1:52:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> horatio at gmail.com writes:
>
>>  However, its sentence splitting is clearly broken (eg Dr. is not a
> sentence by  itself)
>
> FWIW, maybe not very much, the next release of the parser will  have
> the sentence splitting fixed.
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:50 PM,  John Bauer <horatio at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Correct.  When  printed out via the toString() method, eg the way it
>> gets printed from  running the parser, it is
>>
>> type(governor,  dependent)
>>
>> Unfortunately, I don't know any way to nicely  visualize the
>> dependencies, but such a thing shouldn't be hard to  write.  There is
>> this:
>>
>> java  edu.stanford.nlp.parser.ui.Parser
>>  ../stanford-releases/stanford-parser-2010-11-30/englishFactored.ser.gz
>>  ../foo.txt
>>
>> However, its sentence splitting is clearly broken  (eg Dr. is not a
>> sentence by itself) and it displays parse trees, not  dependencies, so
>> it's basically not at all what you  want.
>>
>> John
>>
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at  6:10 AM, shady <sinvija at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>  With respect to the dependencies that we get from Stanford parser,
> what is
>>> the head of it in the tuple. Is it the first argument  ?
>>> for eg nsubj(makes, Bell)
>>> here 1st argument makes is  the head and Bell is the child of it.
>>> Instead of manually creating  graph from the collapsed dependencies, is
> there
>>> any tool that we  can use to visualize it ?
>>> Thanks.
>>> With  regards,
>>> VS
>>>  _______________________________________________
>>> java-nlp-user  mailing list
>>> java-nlp-user at lists.stanford.edu
>>>  https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/java-nlp-user
>>>
>>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> java-nlp-user  mailing  list
> java-nlp-user at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/java-nlp-user
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/java-nlp-user/attachments/20110408/12742270/attachment-0001.htm>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:39:35 -0700
> From: John Bauer <horatio at gmail.com>
> To: GerardPer at aol.com
> Cc: java-nlp-user at lists.stanford.edu
> Subject: Re: [java-nlp-user] Reg : Dependency graph
> Message-ID: <BANLkTinJX3qiXMFRvY2Stb_4bKVFs0+g_Q at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> It certainly doesn't have any data structure that indicates one sentence is
> in another, but in such a case the parse tree will have a shape which shows
> the nested sentences.  The easiest thing to do is probably to download it
> and try it yourself on a few sentences to see if you would find the parse
> tree useful.
>
> John
> On Apr 8, 2011 7:39 AM, <GerardPer at aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone indicate whether or not the CoreNLP Tools have the capability
> to
>> determine the sentence boundaries of nested sentences, particularly when
>> they may occur after a colon or a semicolon?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> In a message dated 4/8/2011 1:52:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
>> horatio at gmail.com writes:
>>
>>> However, its sentence splitting is clearly broken (eg Dr. is not a
>> sentence by itself)
>>
>> FWIW, maybe not very much, the next release of the parser will have
>> the sentence splitting fixed.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:50 PM, John Bauer <horatio at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Correct. When printed out via the toString() method, eg the way it
>>> gets printed from running the parser, it is
>>>
>>> type(governor, dependent)
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, I don't know any way to nicely visualize the
>>> dependencies, but such a thing shouldn't be hard to write. There is
>>> this:
>>>
>>> java edu.stanford.nlp.parser.ui.Parser
>>> ../stanford-releases/stanford-parser-2010-11-30/englishFactored.ser.gz
>>> ../foo.txt
>>>
>>> However, its sentence splitting is clearly broken (eg Dr. is not a
>>> sentence by itself) and it displays parse trees, not dependencies, so
>>> it's basically not at all what you want.
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 6:10 AM, shady <sinvija at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>> With respect to the dependencies that we get from Stanford parser,
>> what is
>>>> the head of it in the tuple. Is it the first argument ?
>>>> for eg nsubj(makes, Bell)
>>>> here 1st argument makes is the head and Bell is the child of it.
>>>> Instead of manually creating graph from the collapsed dependencies, is
>> there
>>>> any tool that we can use to visualize it ?
>>>> Thanks.
>>>> With regards,
>>>> VS
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> java-nlp-user mailing list
>>>> java-nlp-user at lists.stanford.edu
>>>> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/java-nlp-user
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> java-nlp-user mailing list
>> java-nlp-user at lists.stanford.edu
>> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/java-nlp-user
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/java-nlp-user/attachments/20110408/6d35b2aa/attachment-0001.htm>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> java-nlp-user mailing list
> java-nlp-user at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/java-nlp-user
>
>
> End of java-nlp-user Digest, Vol 36, Issue 14
> *********************************************
>

-- 
Sent from my mobile device



More information about the java-nlp-user mailing list