[java-nlp-user] Multiple tags

C. Clark Ewalt CCEWALT at TRANSENTRIC.COM
Tue Apr 19 08:49:40 PDT 2011

Okay, Thanks.
I was expecting it to want a sorted word list for training.
Can one use a tagged, sorted word list with entries like

joke/NN
joke/VB

or does it need the context?

Thanks, again,

C. Clark Ewalt
Transentric
(402)544-2943

Not all those who wander are lost.

             Christopher
             Manning
             <manning at stanford                                          To
             .edu>                     "C. Clark Ewalt"
                                       <CCEWALT at TRANSENTRIC.COM>
             04/19/2011 09:11                                           cc
             AM                        John Bauer <horatio at gmail.com>,
                                       java-nlp-user at lists.stanford.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [java-nlp-user] Multiple tags

The training file would contain exactly what John showed, assuming / as the
tagSeparator character:

Please/VB do/VB n't/RB joke/VB about/IN that/DT ./.
That/DT was/VBD a/DT funny/JJ joke/NN ./.

Chris.

On Apr 19, 2011, at 5:44 AM, C. Clark Ewalt wrote:

> Thanks, John.
> Good-looking documentation.
> Just for clarification, what would the training file entry look like for
your "joke" example below, with both verb and noun tags?

java-nlp-user at lists.stanford.edu
> <ecblank.gif>
> cc
> <ecblank.gif>
> <ecblank.gif>
> Subject
> <ecblank.gif>
> Re: [java-nlp-user] Multiple tags
> <ecblank.gif>		 <ecblank.gif>
>
> In about 20 minutes or so there should be a description of how you can
specify different files under the description for -trainFile at

http://www-nlp.stanford.edu/nlp/javadoc/javanlp/edu/stanford/nlp/tagger/maxent/MaxentTagger.html

> Long story short, you want one sentence per line, with words and
punctuation separated by white space, and each word should be followed by
the tag separator and then the POS tag.

<CCEWALT at transentric.com> wrote:

> Thanks, John, the latter is what I'm looking for, but I can't find
documentation on how to format the input. One tag per line, or all tags on
one line for the word, with some delimiter?