[java-nlp-user] multiple texts processing - does CRF classifier change online during tagging?

Hadas Bittan hadas.bittan at
Sat May 7 08:13:24 PDT 2011

I tried running stanford named entity recognizer on multiple english texts
in 2 ways:
1. I created a new instance of CRF classifier separately for each text and
tagged it
2. I created a single instance of the classifier for all the texts and
tagged each one using a for loop.

I got different tagging for the same text.
I wanted to ask - is it possible that the tagger performs some online
learning? If so - how can I disable it?