[java-nlp-user] Ask about update conditions in iis

John Bauer horatio at
Fri May 13 14:08:07 PDT 2011

To tell you the truth, we haven't used iterative scaling in the tagger
in many years, so there's a chance this particular code doesn't work
any more.  In general, these days people use other methods such as
conjugate gradient or quasi newton methods (we use quasi newton) to
train models.  If you find the code that is still there does what you
want, that's great, but we probably aren't going to support it much...