[java-nlp-user] Stanford Tagger Licence

Jan-Christian Krause Jan-Christian.Krause at akra.de
Tue May 17 11:34:59 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I would like to use the Stanford Tagger in own an Open Source project licenced under the Apache Licence 2.0. The tagger is licensed under the GNU General Public License (v2 or later). My question is: does "later" mean that you licence it under GPL 3? The Free Software Foundation declares this licence compatible to the Apache License 2, but not GPL 2 [1]. This info would be very important for me.

Greetings

Jan Christian

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses