[java-nlp-user] No coreference output from stanford-corenlp-2011-05-16

Alexander Yeh asy at mitre.org
Fri May 20 02:44:03 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have been running stanford-corenlp-2011-05-16.
For the most part, it seems to run,
but I cannot seem to get any coreference resolution links.

For example, on the web-page
http://nlp.stanford.edu/software/corenlp.shtml
is the example

"Stanford University is located in California. It is a great university."

which according to the web-page, should yield the coreference link
between "It" and "university" in the 2nd sentence:

<coreference>
  <link>
   <source sentence="2" token="5"/>
   <destination sentence="2" token="1"/>
  </link>
</coreference>

When I run this example, I get no coreference links.

Attached is the
run commands:             run.txt
input file:               sample-input-frm-Stanford-instructions.txt
output file:              sample-input-frm-Stanford-instructions.txt.xml
style sheet to view the output file: CoreNLP-to-HTML.xsl
                                         (many people already have)

Thank you
-Alex Yeh