[java-nlp-user] Mis-packaged CoreNLP 1.3.0 sources artifact on Maven Central

Christopher Manning manning at stanford.edu
Sun Feb 12 19:24:02 PST 2012

Hi Richard and John,

FWIW, I also have a preference for the sources to create a src directory.  I guess it all depends whether you're actually going to unpack it or just keep it packed.

Looking at the sources of the various libraries that we use internally, it seems that at least the de facto standard is that jar files precisely mirror the class names (as Richard desires), but that source zip files do contain a src/ directory.

So, one possible approach would be to include a source zip file in our download, but to not include a src level in the sources jar file that gets uploaded to maven central.  Of course, that means that there are two different sources artifacts.  If that seems to complex, I can live with just having a sources jar without a src level.  Putting a src level into a sources jar does seem to be a mistake.

Chris.