[java-nlp-user] Fwd: How to set reference time for SUTime with console

John Bauer horatio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 08:40:01 PDT 2013

I do not believe that option exists.  You could solve it in a couple
possible ways:

1) If you use xml documents, it will try to extract the date from
<date> or <datetime> fields.

2) You could create a custom annotator which sets the date on each
document to be a specific date.  This should actually be quite easy
once you get comfortable with the custom annotator creation.  You
would want to set CoreAnnotations.DocDateAnnotation

I think such an option would not be that widely useful, because the
assumed behavior is that you load corenlp once and then run it on
multiple documents, which may be of different dates.  In fact, you may
want to consider finding ways to do that yourself, rather than
initializing corenlp once per document.  That is a rather expensive
operation.