Search Mailing List Archives
[liberationtech] CfP: International Conference on Technology, Innovation and Social Change, TISS Mumbai; 22-24 Jan 2013
companys at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 27 15:26:17 PDT 2012
From: anup kumar das <anupdas2072 at gmail.com>
*International Conference on Technology, Innovation and Social Change*
*22-24 January 2013*
Organised by Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, Tata Institute of Social
Sciences, Mumbai, India
*Call for Papers*
The aim of the Conference is to provide a platform to academicians and
practitioners from multiple disciplines to debate and deliberate on social
change that is encompassed by innovation and technology. The Conference
will help the Scholars to produce publishable quality of research papers.
The proposed International Conference will throw light on the nature,
significance as well as relationship between technology, innovation and
social change. We submit the following research questions to kick-start the
process. These questions are indicative in nature and must not limit
creative participation of scholars, practitioners and policy makers to add
to the list.
1. What is the role of technology in social change in the era of
2. How do you see changing in technology as the discourse of development?
Has technology acquired a new meaning or it has become the driving force of
3. Is the process of social innovation caught in the discourse of
technology development resulting in de-politicization of development
4. Are technology and social innovation discourse aim at structural change
as an agenda of social change?
5. Is technology and social innovation subservient to global capital or has
it potential to question the hegemony of global capital?
6. Are there specific technologies that have boosted enterprises and
provide space for experimentation?
7. What kind of capabilities our research and educational institutions must
develop to produce new technologies?
8. What kind of technologies exists and deployed for the grassroots level
9. What is the role of Incubation Centres in promotion of technologies that
are useful for social change?
10. What are the existing enterprises and models for experimenting with
technologies that facilitates the process of social transformation?
and 12 more...
We invite papers, both theoretical and empirical, that address one or more
research questions mentioned above. Authors can also send papers on other
related research questions. They must submit an abstract in about 500 words
explaining the intent for participation, research question and research
plan to Dr. Rama Krishna Reddy Kummitha on his email id
krishna.reddy at tiss.edu not later than August 30, 2012. The abstract must
also contain authors’ names, institutional affiliations, email and postal
address. Authors will be notified of acceptance or otherwise by September
Need based scholarships are available for the paper presenters. The
scholarship covers registration fee, accommodation and food. Ph.D scholars
will be given preference.
Extended date to send Abstract: 30 August 2012
Notification of Acceptance: 10 September 2012
Submission of Full Papers: 31 October 2012
*Further Details <http://tiss.edu/events/concept-note/at_download/file>*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the liberationtech