Search Mailing List Archives
[liberationtech] The Tor Project is looking for a Project Coordinator
arma at mit.edu
Thu Oct 4 14:21:23 PDT 2012
We have funding for a full-time person. Please spread the word!
A project coordinator is the person who brings order to chaos. You will
coordinate and help track deliverables, progress, and metrics of current
projects. You will also help plan future projects through proposals.
Your impact will involve:
* Deriving deliverables, deadlines, and milestones for each active contract.
* Developing timelines and schedules for completion of milestones and
deliverables for each active, and occasionally proposed, contract.
* Collecting ideas and potential deliverables for the future.
* Raising concerns, timeline slips, and probability of missed deadlines
* Helping with managing people's schedules, work load, and keeping
various people or teams in communication with one another.
* Tracking deliverable completion.
* Developing and maintaining metrics about project completion rate
and other measures as based on evidence-based project management or
* Helping contractors develop their contract deliverables for six month
periods based on expected workload.
* Maintaining project status pages on trac (or whatever system we have)
with deliverables, tickets, and monthly summaries of progress.
* Helping to write the monthly progress reports required for contracts.
See the job posting for information on how to apply and what you need
to send in with your application:
More information about the liberationtech