Search Mailing List Archives
[liberationtech] QCRI's CrisisComputing Team is hiring!
Patrick Meier (iRevolution)
patrick at irevolution.net
Tue Feb 19 00:48:00 PST 2013
As per Yosem's suggestion, I am posting this opening on the main LibTech
QCRI (http://www.qcri.com <http://www.qcri.qa>) conducts world-class
computing research, creating knowledge and supporting innovation in select
areas of advanced computing that has long-term relevance and lasting value
for the region and the international community.
We are seeking candidates for a Software Engineer or Senior Software
Engineer position in our Social Computing group to work on our
Software Engineers will lead and be actively involved with researchers in
the analysis, design, development, and implementation of in-house-developed
application systems. They will establish technical objectives, design and
execute work-plans, and manage software development projects.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Proven track record developing web applications
* Fluency in Java and at least one scripting language (e.g. Perl, PHP, Ruby
* Experience dealing with microblogging or other types of user generated
* Experience in the development of data-intensive applications involving
distributed computing and/or the processing of large datasets, a plus
* Experience applying Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
methods, a plus
* Strong communication and collaboration skills; must be fluent in English
* BSc (with 5+ years experience) in Computer Science Computing Engineering,
or related field
* Postgraduate studies, MSc, and/or PhD a plus
QCRI offers highly competitive compensation including attractive tax-free
salary and additional benefits such as furnished accommodation, excellent
medical insurance, 6+ weeks of annual paid leave, etc.
To apply, please send your resume to me at: pmeier at qf.org.qa and include
"Social Computing Application" in the subject header.
Feel free to forward this to your networks.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the liberationtech