[liberationtech] Email privacy

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Tue Jan 29 10:26:45 PST 2013

scarp:
> If you look at the last 15 or so years you'll notice people consider
> "privacy" a "magic button" on Facebook

Yes, I speculate that more then ~70% of people believe if they pressed
that button, that no one else, including Facebook can gain access to
their data.

In my experience, if you talk to them, they have not even the most basic
concept of servers, cloud storage, permissions, administrator access of
facebook operators or cloud server admins.