Search Mailing List Archives
[liberationtech] Job oppurtunity: an Arabic speaking Online Platform Manager
aminsabeti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 04:08:17 PDT 2013
Small Media wants to launch the Arabic e-Learning Platform and needs an
Arabic speaking Online Platform Manager. If you know someone, please pass
this email to him/her:
We are looking for an Arabic speaking Online Platform Manager to join our
Small Media is looking for an Arabic speaking Online Platform Manager to
help with launching an online training platform targeting the youth in MENA
The project is intended to provide practical training and skills to Arab
youth (18-30 years old) utilizing a modern and edgy design and dynamic
online platform equipped with unique relevant content and networking
Applicant should be passionate about either and all: design, social media,
training, networking, Arab youth and making an impact through action
oriented skills building. The position requires a leader, and ideal for
someone who wants to build something from scratch and watch it grow.
This position can be filled remotley.
- Be the primary person responsible for quality assurance and ensuring
the diversity and relevancy of content for the Arabic e-learning courses
- Intensive interfacing with course writers, leading to the
development of a network of reliable and proficient course writers
- Editing the courses to ensure accuracy and adherence to platform
- Liaise with potential course writers, accept submissions, review
- Be wholly responsible for managing and maintaining the reputation of
the e-learning process in Arabic, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the platform, liaising with Small
Media’s Technology Team as necessary
- Scheduling the courses
- Facilitating the helpdesk for trainees and providing help in a
timely and efficient manner, providing help as the need arises
- Monitoring performance indicators, assessing performance with
reference to targets, and presenting monthly reports including both
narrative and metric indicators
- Encourage the growth and development of an online community around the
platform, a task that includes:
- Managing the social media accounts for the platform (Twitter,
Facebook, G+, YouTube) and developing an online community of users
- Promote the e-learning platform in the broader Arabic webosphere
- Managing, maintaining and moderating the blog. Create content to
tag to penetrate into Arab language internet.
- Foster and maintain connections with relevant individuals
(bloggers, developers, IT experts, key social media
into their extended networks to disseminate the platform and recruit new
- Build site’s SEO by building site’s linkages with other sites,
building site’s tagging system
- Identify sites to advertise with
- Monitor marketing campaigns to determine best return on investment
- Monitor site’s analytics to understand usage and gaps in marketing
- Coordinating with the Farsi e-learning manager to share experiences
- Self-starting- applicant should have experience with managing projects
from start to finish.
- Passion- applicant should be passionate about the potentials of online
education and online networking particularly as it appeals to citizens
rights and responsibilities, and citizen initiatives.
- Problem solving- Applicant should be able to problem solve through
project challenges independently and within a team.
- Technology- Applicant should have an interest in technology,
particularly website functionality and ensuring a quality user experience.
- Training- Applicant should have a curiosity about the ways in which
adults learn and the effective presentation of content and curriculum to
- Communication skills- Applicant must be able to communicate with a
variety of people from contractors, to fellow colleagues, to designers
across multiple languages. Effective communication and conflict resolution
skills are essential for effective implementation of the project.
- Social Media and website marketing- Applicant should understand how to
market the site through content tagging, and other social media tools.
Applicant should be interested in strategies to raise website SEO and other
ways to increase website readership and conversions.
- Able to manage resources- Applicant should be able to manage project
- Able to achieve project milestones- Applicant should be able to
realistically plan to achieve milestone and meet deadlines.
*Who we are:*
Small Media is a non-profit organisation based in London that works to
improve the flow of information in closed societies. We are a young and
dynamic team of researchers, designers, journalists and bloggers who
endeavour to tackle the real life problems of people in closed societies.
Although we’re a young organisation, we have already become a trusted
source in our field.
*Get in touch:*
We want to get to know you! Send your CV to
contact at smallmedia.org.uk<https://firstname.lastname@example.org>
a brief cover letter by 18th of August to apply.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the liberationtech