Search Mailing List Archives
[liberationtech] Subject: Hoping to learn more about the 2009 Iran Green Movement
lgiacobino at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:53:49 PDT 2013
As far as I know, it is hard to have a thorough picture of what was used by
whom and when. Also, I am not too sure there is a common acknowledgement of
when the Green Movement went dim, or if the current opposition is still
somehow "it" or something that should be called differently.
Anyway, I think you will find very interesting bits and pieces in the list
- The Agonistic Social Media: Cyberspace in the Formation of Dissent and
Consolidation of State Power in Postelection Iran (2011), Babak Rahimi
- Blogistan: The Internet and Politics in Iran, A. Sreberny, G. Khiabany
(2010), particularly, Chapter 8, “The Summer of 2009”
- UNESCO's Freedom of Expression, Freedom of Connection, p. 38 "Box 4.5b
Twitter in the Iranian 2009 Election Protests"
- (probably the most thorough) After the Green Movement, ONI
- Freedom House's Freedom on the Net 2012
- if you want to look at the current developments of the situation, you
should also follow the "policy and infrastructure" reports from Small Media
- and a more up to date picture of the user profiles:
Abadpour/Anderson's "Fights, Adapts, Accepts: Archetypes of Iranian
That's about it at my end :).
That might cover more than what you want to look at, but you should find
relevant things in these works.
Hope that helps.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the liberationtech