[liberationtech] NSA whistleblower revealed

Yosem Companys companys at stanford.edu
Sun Jun 9 12:30:42 PDT 2013

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

The individual responsible for one of the most significant leaks in US
political history is Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old former technical
assistant for the CIA and current employee of the defence contractor
Booz Allen Hamilton. Snowden has been working at the National Security
Agency for the last four years as an employee of various outside
contractors, including Booz Allen and Dell.

The Guardian, after several days of interviews, is revealing his
identity at his request. From the moment he decided to disclose
numerous top-secret documents to the public, he was determined not to
opt for the protection of anonymity. "I have no intention of hiding
who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong," he said.