[liberationtech] Co-productions of Technology, Culture and Policy in the North American Community Wireless Networking Movement

Yosem Companys companys at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 2 09:18:23 PST 2013

From: Alison Powell <a.powell at lse.ac.uk>

Part of my PhD thesis, “Co-productions of Technology, Culture and Policy in the North American Community Wireless Networking Movement” looked at 'policy hacking' - it is available here, along with the rest of the thesis chapters: http://www.alisonpowell.ca/?page_id=71

I have also looked at 'technical activism' in a recent paper "Emerging Issues in Internet Regulation: the unstable role of Wikileaks and cyber-vigilantism" - available here http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1932740

and I'm working on something now about hacking at the SOPA strike . . . finished soon I hope.

All the best,

alison