[liberationtech] DoJ tried to end B. Brown's criticism of government

Douglas Lucas dal at riseup.net
Mon Apr 28 13:31:16 PDT 2014

Hi Libtech,

This morning WhoWhatWhy published my new article, "Silencing Barrett
Brown." I obtained the transcript of the hacktivist journo's September 4
gag hearing, which revealed bench conference conversations that were
inaudible from the gallery when I attended. The transcript shows the
prosecution asked the judge to stop Brown's wide-ranging criticism of
the government in general, arguing that his anti-authority "tone" in one
of his Guardian articles was "problematic."

http://whowhatwhy.com/2014/04/28/silencing-barrett-brown/

Thanks,

Douglas Lucas