[liberationtech] My new piece from courthouse: Reality Winner's sentencing

Douglas Lucas dal at riseup.net
Fri Aug 24 11:10:45 PDT 2018

Hi Libtech,

Yesterday I attended Reality Winner's sentencing and wrote a detailed,
descriptive article about what took place for Buffalo's print and online
news outlet The Public. I put a little more focus on the document than
usual - you might have noticed today Trump tweeting[1] trying to
downplay the significance of her case...As the prosecution themselves
admitted, Winner was incarcerated to the longest prison term ever for a
federal defendant leaking to the media.

Here's my article:

http://www.dailypublic.com/articles/08242018/reality-winner-sentenced-63-months

[1] https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1032948187416416256