Search Mailing List Archives
[liberationtech] JOB: Head of Innovations, Action Aid Myanmar (Dec 10 deadline)
ycompanys at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:31:33 PST 2018
ActionAid Myanmar is advertising for a qualified and well-experienced
candidate for Head of Innovation and Partnerships. The deadline to apply is
10th December 2018. ActionAid Myanmar prefers to receive applications by
email at hr.myanmar at actionaid.org and copy to
job.actionaid509 at gmail.com. Please
share with anyone who might be interested and suitable for the post.
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Ann Taw:
Elizabeth @ Nyein Nyein Tun | HR Associate | ActionAid Myanmar
Tel: +95 (1) 546 671 Ext: 200 | +95 (1) 860 3142 Ext: 200 | Mob: +95 (9)
Email: Elizabeth at actionaid.org
Address: No. 1, Win Gabar Street, Shwe Gone Daing, Bahan Tsp.
ActionAid is a global movement of people working together to further human
rights for all and defeat poverty.
www.actionaid.org | www.twitter.com/actionaid | www.facebook.com/actionaid
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 45
countries to overcome poverty and injustice.
ActionAid Myanmar’s approach is based on designing and delivering high
impact programmes on the ground with a focus on women’s rights, effective
governance, youth empowerment and resilience.
ActionAid aims to meet its programmatic objectives by working closely with
local partners and supporting the development and growth of grassroots and
national level civil society organisations. ActionAid uses participatory
community development as a means to ensure communities are part of decision
making processes at the local and national levels.
ActionAid works with youth fellows to promote active citizenship and deepen
democratic leadership in Myanmar at all levels. ActionAid Myanmar works
with government, local, national and international organisations to achieve
its organizational goals. Prospective Employees should note that ActionAid
Myanmar does not tolerate any form of child abuse or exploitation. Children
who come into contact with ActionAid must be protected from deliberate or
unintended actions that place them at risk of child abuse, sexual
exploitation, injury, discrimination and any other harm. In all actions
concerning children, the welfare of the child is the paramount
consideration with ActionAid Myanmar being committed to the principles of
the Convention of the Rights of Children 19891 and the Declaration of Human
Rights 19482 both of which promote respect for the rights of children.
During the recruitment process assessments will be made of prospective
employees in this regard.
ActionAid Myanmar is looking for suitable candidate to fill the following
(Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual
merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply for this
Position Title: Head of Innovation and Partnerships
No. of Vacancies: One
• Lead on researching, scoping and mapping to identify innovative
approaches to addressing development and humanitarian problems in Myanmar.
• Keep abreast of global innovation practices and work to bring context
relevant innovative approaches to Myanmar by leading on the design of
innovative programming for ActionAid Myanmar(AAM).
• Lead in the development, implementation and delivery of innovative
projects which are high risk, high investment and high profile this could
include working on the Rohingya crisis in Myanmar, partnering with private
sector such as KBZ, working with Ethnic Armed Organisations (EAO) to ensure
that ethnic community and voices are core to our programming approach.
• Analyse risk, manage high profile relationships and stakeholders.
• Engage with the media to share lessons and impact of innovative
programmes done by ActionAid Myanmar (AAM).
• Participate and take lead in the development and planning of alternative
Partnership Development and Reporting (40%)
• Lead and represent ActionAid Myanmar (AAM) externally to donors,
government, partners and media where required.
• Lead on fundraising through development of concept notes and proposal
development for the country portfolio in line with the country strategic
• Forge new partnerships while being grounded and ensuring that the focus
of such initiatives emerge from furthering the key goals as identified in
the Country Strategy Paper (CSP).
• Conduct donor mapping, to build linkages with official donors, charities
and responsible corporate sectors, to undertake donor negotiation and
follow up, and to raise issue based and thematic work.
• Be the AAM focal person for all communication with AA International IPD
• Oversight on donor communication for profile building, and support
relevant Project Managers in donor reporting, and their negotiation with
the donor for any change required in the project.
• Maintain oversight on contract management process and work closely with
all project holders.
• Oversee and ensure donor accountabilities, timely reporting and necessary
communications with donors.
• Lead in developing the strategic financial projection as envisaged in the
Country Strategy Plan.
• Manage the process with the relevant program and project teams to ensure
all donor reports are submitted on time and according to donor
Child sponsorship Management (10%)
• Identify strategic funding needs and lead the resource mobilisation
process, working together with the Programme Team for raising long term
regular giving and non-regular income for across the programmes and
advocacy initiatives of the organisation.
• Oversight on child message collection to ensure quality messages are
collected in a timely manner
• Work with affiliates to increase child sponsorship to support existing
local rights programme
• Ensure that new fundraising initiatives overlap with the existing Local
• Line manage child sponsorship manager
Social Enterprise management (10%)
• Oversight of social enterprise related initiatives such as Mboutik
(promoting women weavers) and Community Based Tourism.
• Provide thought leadership on social enterprise to expand and grow the
• Line manage social enterprise Lead Staff Management.
• Line management and Matrix management responsibilities.
Qualifications and skills required:
• At least 5-7 years of progressive experience in innovation and
partnership development fields.
• A bachelor degree in social sciences, international affairs, business
studies. A masters degree is desirable.
• Strong experience of successfully undertaking a similar role within
Fundraising/ Commercial sector.
• Proven experience of delivering primary and secondary audience, consumer
and market research projects that deliver impact.
• Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of business/fundraising
requirements and to translate these into impactful innovation and insight
• Highly numerate with ability to analyse and synthesise data and complex
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly
convey findings and ideas in written reports, presentations and meetings.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and tenacity. • Excellent presentation
skills and a strong, confident communicator. • Good Excel skills. • Proven
ability to work to a high standard and with an eye for detail. • Ability to
work under own initiative and manage multiple projects simultaneously and
to tight deadlines.
• An organised and proactive approach to project management.
• Engages with and is committed to, AAM's mission, vision, values and
strategic aims and works towards their achievement within the context of
the Strategy, Performance and Insight team’s vision, plans and personal
• Experience to engage with media to showcase organisational work
• Experience of working within a fundraising or similar environment.
• Experience of working with/managing external suppliers and consultants.
• Experience with private sector and management of risks
• Ability to occasionally work outside of office hours to attend research
Interested persons should send a cover letter along with your current C.V.
not later than 5pm, 10th December 2018. There is no requirement of photo or
copy of certificates. We will prefer to receive application only through
the email address: hr.myanmar at actionaid.org and copy to
job.actionaid509 at gmail.com. Please note that only short listed candidates
will be contacted for interview. Note: Internal applicants must keep their
Line Managers informed of their application.
Application deadline: 10 December 2018.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the liberationtech