[mininet-discuss] Setting iperf source port

Junlong junlong666 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:34:08 PDT 2011

I do not think you can change it without modifying the system implementations.
ps:This is not a problem about mininet.

Recommendations for Transport-Protocol Port Randomization
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6056
   The IP address and
   port number of the client are normally left unspecified by the client
   application and thus are chosen automatically by the client
   networking stack.  Ports chosen automatically by the networking stack
   are known as ephemeral ports [Stevens
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6056#ref-Stevens>].

   While the server IP address, the well-known port, and the client IP
   address may be known by an attacker, the ephemeral port of the client
   is usually unknown and must be guessed.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 8:28 PM, andrea simeoni <andreasimeoni84 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> is there a way to setup the transport source port when running iperf on
> mininet? I saw there is way to setup the destination port. From what I've
> understood, the source port is choosen randomly. Can I change such behavior?
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Andrea Simeoni

***Best regards,   :-)