[mininet-discuss] Is there a way of sending actual data through the mininet nodes?

Sumanth MS sumanth at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Oct 10 07:09:45 PDT 2011

Thanks  Alex for the suggestion of starting apache :)
But after I start apache on the Virtual OS, it is like Apache is running on
the entire Virtual system and on all the nodes of the mininet network.
So if i try to stop apache and start on one of the hosts(or nodes) by
opening  a separate terminal for that node itself, apache gets started for
all the nodes. And also when I try to do a wget from one of the node's
terminal it does not work. But a wget from the Openflow Virtual OS does
work.
Anyone knows if this can be made to work i.e. if apache can be started on
one of the nodes and a wget used to get data packets from that node on to
another node.

Thanks & Best Regards
Sumanth