[mininet-discuss] TCP-OUT-OF-ORDER segments on wireshark

andrea simeoni andreasimeoni84 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 06:14:01 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

I'm running a mininet with an OF switch having a flow entry with a pair of
actions:

> forward packets of the flow A on the route.
> forward packets of the flow A to the controller.

In my test I'm using iperf and wireshark on the controller interface to
inspect OF traffic. In this setting I can observe all packets that are
forwarded to the controller.
The problem is that on the monitored interface, I observe a big amount of
TCP-OUT-OF-ORDER segments. In my setting the controller is running on the
HOST machine, then is outside the mininet virtual machine.

Do you have suggestions? For you is a normal behavior?

best regards.

--
Andrea Simeoni