[mininet-discuss] mac address

scolfield kscolfield at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:24:56 PDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I have some doubt yet.
If we don't need MAC or IP address, how we could identifier or differ one to
another openflow switch?
The pyswitch example can learn topology of networks? Such as a corporation
architecture when
there are hierarchical switches interconnected one to another creating
several "layers" of switches,
at this case, the one openflow controller connected to two distinct
switches, can learn which ports
to send a ping packets, for example?  The packet in messages will be
forwarded automatically through
switches until reach a controller?

--
scolfield