[mininet-discuss] Enable / disable switches

Bob Lantz rlantz at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 24 18:12:10 PDT 2011

For some time, I've been thinking of the best way to implement a virtual punchboard. I'm still not 100% sure, but my current thinking is that a reasonable implementation might be to create another OpenFlow switch with two ports for every host interface, as the punchboard, and then to wrap it in a nice API to make it easy to use.

However, as Brandon pointed out, the link command (or its 'ifconfig s1-eth1 down' equivalent) is probably what you're looking for.

-Bob