[mininet-discuss] ovs-vswitchd support?

Rob Sherwood rob.sherwood at bigswitch.com
Mon Oct 24 21:58:20 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Poking through the mininet archives, I've seen a few people asking
about ovs-vswitchd support in mininet: did anyone actually make a
patch?

If no, I think I will try to spin one up, because at least according
to the NEWS file in OVS, the ovs-openflowd method is no longer being
supported (and has been deprecated to "test-openflowd" in 1.2 and post
1.2 has even been removed).

Bob, Brandon: what are your thoughts about me completely deprecating
the ovs-openflowd and making the 'ovsk' mininet switch target just
invoke ovs-vswitchd (and the corresponding database process,
ovsdb-server) as the ovs folks now prescribe?

Please let me know and thanks,

- Rob
.