[mininet-discuss] ovs-vswitchd support?

Nicholas Bastin nick.bastin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:26:10 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 06:01, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood at bigswitch.com> wrote:
> [add switch1]
> ovs-vsctl add-br switch1
> ovs-vsctl set-controller switch1 tcp:localhost:6633
>
> [add switch2]
> ovs-vsctl add-br switch2
> ovs-vsctl set-controller switch2 tcp:localhost:6633
>
> Let me see if I can cobble some of this together and I can report
> back, but for people who know OVS better, does this sound right?  (I
> could just post to the OVS list, but this is really more of a mininet
> issue...)

I was going to respond earlier and claim this is what you should do,
but I'm not actually sure.  On a real box, this is exactly what you
would do if you wanted multiple bridges (XenServer, etc.), so I can
least give you that piece of information.  However, with network
namespaces, I'm not sure if this gives you precisely the behaviour
that mininet is looking for, so it may not work the way you expect.

--
Nick