[mininet-discuss] ovs-vswitchd support?

Brandon Heller brandonh at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 26 18:44:02 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood at bigswitch.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Brandon Heller <brandonh at stanford.edu>
> wrote:
> > Aside from within the VM setup notes (which I just changed), where else
> is
> > it referenced?  I'm holding off on changing the link to the old VM
> because
> > that needs a few more changes first.  I added a note on the front Mininet
> > page as well as Download.
>
> I think most of the places I'm thinking about are where mininet
> historically existed and while it might not be linked to, google still
> finds it.
>
> 1) gitosis.stanford.edu still hosts old code and it's referenced in a
> bunch of people's .git/configs

This has a ton of old branches that we need to clean up.  Once that's done
we can send an email to tell people how to update it.  Added GH issue:
https://github.com/mininet/mininet/issues/5

> 2) https://openflow.stanford.edu/display/Mininet/Home exists and
> should probably go away
>   (linked to from https://openflow.stanford.edu/ 's main page)

This was used for an NSDI submission, so I removed access for anonymous
viewers.

> 3) http://www.openflow.org/wk/index.php/Mininet (although it's empty)
>
> Does that help?  Let me know if I'm being a pain.

Yeah, that helps.  Dave has this page marked for deletion now.

Thanks,
Brandon