[mininet-discuss] python API

CHARLIE . charlie at linuxers.cl
Tue May 22 21:35:44 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm a mininet noob and i already read the Walkthrough also i've seen the
examples(~/mininet/examples) but i have some doubts about build your own
network through python api:

i) Watching the examples, i've noticed some functions that do similar
tasks. I've read in the mininet-discuss files about the high or low level
code, so my question is: which example it is the highest level? the lowest?
which one it's better?

ii) I'm trying to build a multipath(two paths for the moment) network to
see the loop problem with and without controller. I did this API following
the "emptynet" example but did not work, the hosts can't comunicate between
them and i don't know why. Maybe i need a special module?. My API:
http://pastebin.com/iQw4c71w

I really appreciate a little of orientation.

Thanks.