[mininet-discuss] Controlling miniedit.py?

Bob Lantz rlantz at cs.stanford.edu
Wed May 23 23:53:56 PDT 2012

Miniedit is mainly intended as a demonstration rather than a full-featured application, but you are welcome to enhance it!

1) miniedit currently uses the OpenFlow reference controller.
Have you changed it somehow to use RemoteController() instead of Controller()?
In any case, I would test your NOX-based controller outside of miniedit to make sure that it works.

2) Currently miniedit does not have a save (or load) function, but you could add one! I would recommend saving the topology you create as Python code (i.e. a Topo() subclass) so that you can easily reuse it.

3) In current Mininet, datapath ID uniquely identifies a switch to its controller; in the current Topo() implementation it also encodes a default IP address for a hosts's default interface. This is not an ideal design and will probably be changed to something better.

-Bob