[mininet-discuss] mn + OpenFlow 1.2

Vikram Dham vikramdham at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 16 23:42:22 PDT 2013

Hi,

The steps for building the OVS 1.10 were followed from the INSTALL file provided in the OVS source code tar.
Recollecting from my memory and shell history, this is what I did:

1. Download the mininet vm and import it in VirtualBox - https://github.com/mininet/mininet/downloads/ I downloaded the vm # 1 which is based upon Ubuntu 12.10 server
2. rm -rf /usr/sbin/ovs-*
3. rm -rf /usr/bin/ovs-*
4. wget http://openvswitch.org/releases/openvswitch-1.10.0.tar.gz
5. gunzip openvswitch-1.10.0.tar.gz
6. tar xvf openvswitch-1.10.0.tar
7. cd openvswitch-1.10.0
8. checked output of uname -r  - the returned value was 3.5.0-17-generic
9. ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-linux=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
10. make
11. make install
12. make modules_install
13. start mininet with your topology
14. for each switch do:
         ovs-vsctl set bridge s5 protocols=OpenFlow12  (replace s5 with your switch id/number from mn)

I am trying to use mn topology to have the switches talk to Ryu based RouteFlow (using OpenFlow 1.2)

Hope this helps,

Vikram