[mininet-discuss] Connecitng to a Mininet host from a physical machine

Gregory Gee gee.developer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 08:30:21 PST 2013

   I'll assume that MiniNet is running on P and not a VM inside P for
now.  This makes a big difference.

   From a purist sense, I think you will need something like this.

    S1-----H1(10.0.2.2)

   P-eth1    P-eth0(10.0.2.15)
     |           |
     ----switch---

     If you don't have a eth1 available on P, then you might need be a
little more creative and create a bridge so both P and Mininet can share
the same eth0.

          S1-----H1(10.0.2.2)

         tap0   br0(10.0..15)

   Now if your Mininet is in a VM, then it is a bit easier.  Just follow
what I did
here(http://gregorygee.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/mininet-host-talking-to-internet/)
but instead of creating a 'NAT' interface in VirtualBox, set it to
Bridge mode.

Greg