[mininet-discuss] nox_core_dir missing env

Rizwan Jamil u_r_welcum at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 15 09:21:05 PST 2013

Hi!

I am posting on this forum for the first time. I am using mininet 2.1.0 on VMware Workstation 10. I have installed NOX Classic by following the instructions on "Mininet Walkthrough". But after its installation, the command "$ ./nox_core -v -i ptcp:" generates the following error:

-bash: ./nox_core: No such file or directory

And then the command "$ sudo -E mn --controller=nox,pyswitch --test pingpair" generates the following error:

*** Creating network
*** Adding controller
exiting; please set missing NOX_CORE_DIR env var

I have also deleted the line "#Defaults env_reset" from "sudoers" file in "etc" directory but no success. Then I also wrote "#Defaults root" instead of "#Defaults env_reset" in the same file but still no success.

Please reply comprehensively.

Thanks!