[mininet-discuss] Packets generated by scapy didn't appear in mininet network

Liyuan Wang wangliyuan316 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 03:26:25 PST 2013

Hi all,

I'm confused with a problem while using scapy to send packets.
I built the network in mininet and wrote my own controller.
When I tested the network using ping, I can see the statistics changed on
my openflow swtich.
ex. 10.0.0.12 ping -c 1 10.0.0.14
However, when I ran my scapy program, I can't see the change. It seems like
no packet is transmitted.
ex. send(IP(src='10.0.0.12', dst='10.0.0.14')/"1234")
But I did see the output from scapy which told me that "sent 1 packets".

It would be really helpful, if anyone knows this problem.

Thanks,
Liyuan