[mininet-discuss] Reg: Controller

Chandana Pathapatti chandana.p85 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:08:26 PST 2013

Hello Geordy,

Thanks for your comment! What I meant was, I am doing a project in which I
have to simulate a topology which consists of a switch, controller, 3
servers.

I was able to simulate mininet through xterm display. My question is, OVSK
switch I know is a switch. Nox I know is a controller software. What is the
name of the default controller built in Mininet. I tried going through the
tutorial, it was just mentioned as an in-built controller. Hence I need to
know the name of the in-built controller. So in this case, I have done my
homework :) (No offense).

 My other question is, I have to include servers in my topology and there
is no where any mentioning of a server in this tutorial. That's the reason
I am asking if anyone else has any idea on how to add a server into a
mininet topology. (GUI version) I have seen only links, switches, hosts,
there is no controller or server.

p.s.: There is no compulsion to help, if you are not interested :)

Thanks,
Chandana