[mininet-discuss] Setting Wireless network in mininet

Geordy Korte gkorte at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 03:53:31 PST 2013

Hello Sayed,

Mininet emulates hosts, switches and the links between them and nothing
more and nothing less.  If you want to create a Wifi network that has
openflow then you need to start looking at wifi AP that support OF. I have
played around with DD-WRT which supports OF, and you could use that.  What
I would do is the following.  Setup a mininet system and instead of using
Hosts bind the OVSK switches to physical ethernet ports. On each port hook
up an AP that is OF enabled and then you should be able to build your
network.

Hope this helps.

Geordy

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Sayed Qaiser Ali Shah Shah <
11msitqshah at seecs.edu.pk> wrote:

> Hello Everybody!
>
> Hope all of you guys are fine. I am stuck and need urgent help if anybody
> can help me out. I want to use Openflow switch as an 802.11 Access point
> which will be connected to controller via cable and will communicate with
> end users via wireless medium. I know that Mininet doesn't support this but
> can anybody guide me that how to  make this module so that I can use
> wireless AP's in mininet.
>
> Thanks in Advance :-)
>
> --
> *Regards