[mininet-discuss] Mark packets with vlan id

Windhya Rankothge windyswsw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 09:09:07 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have following topology,
h1 --- s1 --- s2 --- h2
                   !
                  h3

I want to mark the packets sent by a specific host and I am trying to use
the vlan field..

I have added a flow in switch 1 saying, if the packets comes from h1, then
add the vlan id = 10. And then in switch 2, I have added a rule saying, if
the packet has vlan id = 10, then forward the packet only to h3

When I tried to test it, it is not working.. Packet is not going to h3..

Other than just adding the tag, do I have to do something more to handle
the VLAN tag concept ? Do I have to create VLAN on switch 1 ?

Your thoughts are higly appreciated..

Best Regards,

Windhya Rankothge,
Universitat Pompeu Fabra,