[mininet-discuss] Broadcast LLDP packets

Murphy McCauley murphy.mccauley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 17:52:53 PDT 2014

As asked, this doesn't seem like a Mininet question.

*What* exactly do you want to send LLDP packets?  Usually the answer here is that you want OpenFlow switches to send them.  This implies that there's a controller to instruct the switches.  Thus, your question would be specific to that controller and only tangentially related to Mininet.

If you have already chosen a controller/controller platform, it probably has a mailing list, forum, or other support channel of its own.

If you haven't chosen a controller yet, you might want to do some research on your options.  If you wanted input from the community, mininet-discuss might be able to help you, though the openflow-discuss mailing list is probably the best place.

If you were planning to write a controller yourself from scratch, you should investigate the OpenFlow specification, research OpenFlow on the web, and possibly ask questions on the openflow-discuss mailing list.

If none of that is helpful, you might consider rephrasing your question and possibly adding additional context or detail.

-- Murphy