[mininet-discuss] old version kernel support

김규영 gykim08 at korea.ac.kr
Sun Apr 6 10:23:32 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have installed Ubuntu 13.10, and compiled a kernel, version of 2.6.38.3.
However, when I try to install mininet (./install.sh -a), I got an error
message as follow.

Reading package lists... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependecy tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package linux-image-2.6.38.3
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-image-2.6.38.3'

--

I think it is a problem of package repository.
Maybe, the kernel is too old, and the repository does not support it

Is there anybody knows how to solve this problem?
It would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Gyuyeong Kim.