[mininet-discuss] mobility.py doesn't work when changed from h1 to h2( or h3)

Kirak Hong hokira at gatech.edu
Mon Apr 7 09:43:32 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am running the latest mobility.py from
https://github.com/mininet/mininet/blob/devel/mobility-example/examples/mobility.pyon
Mininet 2.1.0. I found that the mobility.py doesn't work if I try to
move h2 (or h3) instead of h1 by simply changing the line 133 as the
following.

h1, old = net.get( 'h1', 's1' )
=>  h1, old = net.get( 'h2', 's2' )

Mininet doesn't complain but pingall fails time to time:

* Identifying switch interface for h1
* Moving h2 from s2 to s3 port 12
* h2-eth0 is now connected to s3-eth12
* Clearing out old flows
* New network:
s1: h1(1) s2(2)
s2: s1(2) s3(3)
s3: h3(1) s2(2) h2(12)
* Testing connectivity:
*** Ping: testing ping reachability
h1 -> X h3
h2 -> h1 h3
h3 -> h1 h2
*** Results: 16% dropped (5/6 received)

Could you please let me know if this is a bug or if I am missing something?
I tried to emulate mobile network with many mobile nodes, and pingall fails
with the same behavior.

Thanks,
Kirak