[mininet-discuss] Add Remote Controller

habib allah khosravi habiballah_khosravi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 02:24:14 PDT 2014

Hi. I need to add a remote controller to my mininet network and although I specify the remote controller ip address, when I call the code, it gives the following info:

Unable to contact the remote controller at 127.0.0.1:6633

Could you please tell me how I should add the remote controller?
Thanks

Here is the code for mininet network:

from mininet.topo import Topo
from mininet.net import Mininet
from mininet.link import TCLink
from mininet.node import RemoteController

class FatTree( Topo ):

"Hosts and switches are added in this part of the code"

def Test():
        topo = FatTree(k=4)
        net = Mininet(controller=RemoteController, topo=topo, link=TCLink, autoSetMacs = True)

        print "*** Adding controller\n"
        net.addController( 'c0', controller=RemoteController, ip="192.168.3.1", port=6633 )

        net.start()

        net.stop()

if __name__ == '__main__':
        Test()