[mininet-discuss] [Help] Question about setting Mininet link capacity

Ruozhou.Hotmail ruozhou.asu at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 20 11:43:33 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I’m using Mininet to do some performance validation. Yet I didn’t find an effective way to set the bandwidth of each link.
There is an example in the Wiki at https://github.com/mininet/mininet/wiki/introduction-to-Mininet#setting-performance-parameters. Yet when I modify my code like this, I cannot start the Mininet topology normally. Below is the error information.

————————————————————————————————————————
Caught exception. Cleaning up...

TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'bw'
———————————————————————————————————————

My code is:
opt = {'bw':5}
self.addLink( s1, sw0, **opt )

So my question is: is it actually possible to set the link capacity in Mininet? How exactly is it done?

Besides, I’m using Mininet v2.1.0 VM installation, which I think is the newest.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Ruozhou Yu
Computer Science and Engineering