[mininet-discuss] Switch ports sending out dhcp requests

Keith Ouellette KeithO at fibermountain.com
Mon Apr 21 11:23:17 PDT 2014

I am new to mininet and am trying to use it to simulate a 20 switch network with 2 hosts on each switch (for initial testing). I am running mininet-2.0.0-py2.7.egg on Ubuntu 13.10. What I am noticing is that after creation of some switches and hosts, the switch ports request a dhcp address. Not the host behind it as the MAC addresses in the requests are owned by the interface (shown in the ifconfig command). Is there a way to not have the switch ports request dhcp? The command I am using is:

sudo mn --custom ~/mininet/custom/fimoTopo.py --topo test,10,2 --mac --switch ovsk --controller remote,ip=10.0.2.114:6653 --ipbase=10.0.0.100/8

It is creating a bunch of unnecessary requests that makes it harder to debug other issues.

Thanks,
Keith