[mininet-discuss] Data center traffic generator

Philip Wette wette at mail.upb.de
Fri Apr 25 03:17:38 PDT 2014

Hi,

you should have a look at MaxiNet [1].
In this paper, we not only propose a toolkit for distributing Mininet to
multiple compute nodes but also a traffic generator for realistic data
center traffic based on traffic observations from real data centers.
The corresponding traffic generator is supposed to be open source,
however, we did not yet publish it because the software needs some
additional bug fixing.
We hope to publish it in the next couple of weeks.

[1]: P. Wette, M. Dräxler, A. Schwabe, F. Wallaschek, M. Hassan Zahraee,
H. Karl: MaxiNet: Distributed Emulation of Software-Defined Networks. In
IFIP Networking 2014 Conference (Networking 2014). (2014)
You access a preprint at
http://www.cs.uni-paderborn.de/uploads/tx_sibibtex/maxinet_networking14.pdf

Best,

Philip

Philip Wette, M.Sc.             E-Mail: wette at mail.upb.de
University of Paderborn         Tel.:   05251 / 60-1716
Department of Computer Science
Computer Networks Group         http://wwwcs.upb.de/cs/ag-karl
Warburger Straße 100            Room:   O3.152
33098 Paderborn