[mininet-discuss] Mini-CCNx and Mininet

Christian Esteve Rothenberg chesteve at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 06:02:02 PDT 2014

As Greg has accurately pointed out, while mn-ccnx is a fork of mininet it
does not change any line of code of neither mininet nor ccnx (or at least
should not :) )

So, it should be straightforward to install along the latest mininet
version and potentially ccnx code version (though some APIs may have
changed, hopefully not...)

I hope one of my students this semester will give continuity to the
development of new features to ease ccn experiments, keeping upgrades to
the newest mininet version and also pursuing simulatenous support of
OpenFlow switches and controllers and CCNx nodes.

We welcome code contributions via github, looking forward for new
committers!

You can find more details on the mn-ccnx here
https://github.com/carlosmscabral/mn-ccnx/wiki

and it a recent publication on ccn routing experiments:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15183439/pubs/mn-ccnx-iscc14.pdf

cheers,
christian

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Gregory Gee <gee.developer at gmail.com>wrote:

> Actually, as long as it installs in its own directory and doesn't contain
> a modified version of OVS, it might be able to install beside mininet.
>  On Apr 28, 2014 8:36 AM, "Gregory Gee" <gee.developer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, according to that site, it's a fork of mininet and not an add-on.
>> So the likely answer now is no.
>> On Apr 28, 2014 8:19 AM, "est B.y" <eng_est_1990 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Mr. Gregory
>>> I also have not heard of them before but I found this information on them
>>> carlosmscabral/mn-ccnx <https://github.com/carlosmscabral/mn-ccnx/wiki>
>>>  [image: image] <https://github.com/carlosmscabral/mn-ccnx/wiki>
>>>  carlosmscabral/mn-ccnx <https://github.com/carlosmscabral/mn-ccnx/wiki>
>>> mn-ccnx
>>> View on github.com <https://github.com/carlosmscabral/mn-ccnx/wiki>
>>>  Preview by Yahoo
>>>
>>>   On Monday, April 28, 2014 3:08 PM, Gregory Gee <
>>> gee.developer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>   Haven't heard of that tool. Have you tried it with mininet 2.1?
>>> On Apr 28, 2014 6:27 AM, "Silvia Fichera" <fichera.sil at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I have already installed and used latest version of Mininet (2.1.0+).
>>> Now I need to use Mini-CCNx, but I've noticed that is based on Mininet
>>> 2.0.0.
>>> There is a way to use it without downgrade the version of Mininet
>>> installed? Also because I still need it for some tests.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your support
>>>
>>> Bests
>>>
>>> --
>>> Silvia Fichera