[mininet-discuss] Mini-CCNx and Mininet

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 08:08:04 PDT 2014

Dear Gregory, Est and Christian,
Thank you all for your answers.
I followed the guide line on Github to install it. Firsty I had a problem
with the already existent OpenFlow directory, than there was another
problem that I've solved following the hints in this discussion:

https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/mininet-discuss/2013-March/001896.html

But the installation has overwritten the version of mininet that I have
already installed, so I upgraded it again (I still need it), and execute
mini-ccnx.

As output I have these errors:

File "/usr/local/bin/miniccnx", line 5, in <module>
    pkg_resources.run_script('mininet==2.0.0', 'miniccnx')
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setuptools-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py",
line 528, in run_script
    self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setuptools-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py",
line 1401, in run_script
    exec(script_code, namespace, namespace)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mininet-2.0.0-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/miniccnx",
line 129, in <module>

  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mininet-2.0.0-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/miniccnx",
line 83, in execute

  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mininet-2.0.0-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/miniccnx",
line 45, in __init__

  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/mininet/conf_parser.py", line 33, in
parse_hosts
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 347, in items
    raise NoSectionError(section)
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'nodes'

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Silvia Fichera