[mininet-discuss] Regarding running Open vSwitch (OVS) with Mininet

Milson Munakami milsonmun at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 08:32:53 PDT 2014

Hi,
1. My first question is : I want to know after successful installation when I restart my Ubuntu ? What I need to do restart the server and db because after restart using Mininet Sudo mn command it says the ovs-server is not started? like this:
milson at milson-VB:~$ sudo mn[sudo] password for milson: *** Creating network*** Adding controller*** Adding hosts:h1 h2 *** Adding switches:2014-04-28T15:30:13Z|00001|reconnect|WARN|unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock: connection attempt failed (Connection refused)ovs-vsctl: unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock: database connection failed (Connection refused)ovs-vsctl exited with code 1*** Error connecting to ovs-db with ovs-vsctlMake sure that Open vSwitch is installed, that ovsdb-server is running, and that"ovs-vsctl show" works correctly.You may wish to try "service openvswitch-switch start".
What I need to do manually restart OVS again or there any automatic way to do this?is this what everyone need to do everytime(Manually Run OVS) - restart ovsdb-server and controller?
2. My Second question is how to use Mininet's default switch even I have OVS installed? what is that command ?
3. Is there any document available telling How to completely remove OVS Switch once installed?
how to completely remove ovs once started all its component so that Mininet can run sudo mn command and don't always use OVS as default switch again.
Please HELP!
- Milson