[mininet-discuss] how to enable TLS

Gregory Gee gee.developer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:12:40 PDT 2014

On 27/04/2014 11:12 PM, Rushit Parekh wrote:

> I am using ovsc,
> Sudo mn --controller=ovsc

Using this command, Mininet will automatically start and ovs-controller.
   Also, the controller will not start with SSL that way.   If you want
to start the controller manually, you need to specify --controller=remote.

> I think that will be okay ,, still that don't work,
> If I am trying
> ./controller ssl:127.0.0.1:6633 <http://127.0.0.1:6633>
>
> It gives error no active or passive switch connections available????

The command above is starting the OpenFlow reference controller.  As I
mentioned, the OpenFlow reference controller does not support SSL.

> Help me just enable ssl in mininet scenario

Take a look at my blog post or in the Mininet Wiki.

http://gregorygee.wordpress.com/2014/04/27/open-vswitch-with-ssl-and-mininet/

https://github.com/mininet/mininet/wiki/SSL-on-Open-vSwitch-and-ovs-controller