[mininet-discuss] Regarding running Open vSwitch (OVS) with Mininet

Gregory Gee gee.developer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:20:52 PDT 2014

1. How did you install Open vSwitch?  You didn't have to install it from
source.  Mininet installation would have install Open vSwitch from the
Ubuntu packages.

2. What do you mean by Mininet's default switch?  Mininet is a tool to
help create your emulated network.  It does this by using Open vSwitch
as its default switch.  So the default switch in Mininet is Open vSwitch.

3. Again this depends on how you installed Open vSwitch.  Your
statements are very confusing.  When you install Mininet, it will also
install Open vSwitch, so you don't have to install any other software
before you install Mininet.

Greg