[mininet-discuss] Mininet Across Physical Nodes

Daniel Jackoway jackoway at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 29 13:53:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

My group would like to run a distributed experiment where we have one
connected mininet topology split across two physical nodes.

As a simple example, the overall topology might look something like:

h1---s1-------(physical node boundary)------s2---h2

Where h1, h2 are hosts, s1, s2 are switches, and there's a link between s1
and s2.

I'm not seeing a way to do this; it seems an instance of mininet can only
create links to other switches and hosts created by local instance of
mininet.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Daniel