[mininet-discuss] Real switch with Mininet

Gregory Gee gee.developer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 11:45:11 PDT 2014

You need a spare physical NIC on your PC.  Connect that NIC to your MX.
 Then in Mninet, attach that interface into S1.

(MX80)<--->PC NIC<-->s1

 Now part of this answer depends on if you are running Mininet in a VM or
not.  If it's in a VM, then you VM needs another NIC added.  Bridge the VM
NIC to the PC NIC.  Then bind the VM NIC into s1.

(MX80)<--->PC NIC<-->VM NIC<-->s1

  Basically, switch s1 needs a dedicated NIC on your physical PC to connect
to external switches.

Greg